Be part of the movement to expand solar energy use worldwide. Become a member of The Solar Foundation.
We’re in the fight for our lives against climate change, and we don’t have any time to lose. And leading the way are America’s solar workers – the almost 250,000 people working at construction sites, in offices, in laboratories, and in classrooms to help create a bright solar future.
The Solar Foundation is a nonprofit dedicated to supporting, expanding, and strengthening the nation’s solar energy workforce. We support a future where solar energy is everywhere in our lives, keeping the lights on while sparking new job creation and economic growth.
We’re inviting you to join our movement by becoming a member of The Solar Foundation. As a member, you’ll support the nation’s leading solar energy nonprofit and receive great benefits to help advance your own career.
At The Solar Foundation, we publish the annual Solar Jobs Census, the premier resource on American solar jobs growth. This report is used by advocates, industry groups, and elected leaders to advance policies — federal, state, and local — to help preserve and grow these jobs for the future.
With a membership, you’ll help us work with government, business, and local communities to make solar energy widespread across America. You’ll also fund our work in support of a diverse and inclusive solar industry, training programs for veterans, and much more.
A basic membership is only $10 per year and includes the following:
- Access to a member-only newsletter, with news and resources to help you stay on top of the latest on the evolving solar workforce
- Exclusive webinars to help you sharpen your edge and advance your career
- Recognition on our website and the Annual Report
- A chance to be featured as one of the Solar Worker Profiles in our annual Solar Jobs Census (selected each January)
- Tax-deductible contribution
For a $50 annual membership, you’ll also receive:
- Your name listed in the annual Solar Jobs Census
- A complimentary “We Are Solar” T-Shirt
Through our membership campaign, we’ve set an ambitious goal to raise $250,000 by the end of 2020 – one dollar for every solar employee in the U.S. Your tax-deductible contribution will directly fund our work to make solar energy abundant and accessible to all.
We know that accelerated solar energy growth will create jobs, reduce energy bills, and put us on the path to a more sustainable world. But as a small nonprofit organization, we depend on your support for this work to be possible.
Your membership will allow us to continue making progress on transformative programs, such as:
- Our work on the ground with over 300 communities large and small, helping them remove barriers to solar energy and encourage solar job growth at the local level.
- Helping bring more women and people of color into the solar industry through our research and education.
- Connecting military veterans to solar apprenticeships and training programs.
- Making solar more affordable through our aggressive soft cost reduction initiatives.
- Helping communities affected by extreme climate disasters build resilience using solar energy and storage.